Hi! I am Akash. I am a Ph.D. student at NESL. Before joining NESL in 2018 as a PhD student, I did my undergrad at IIIT-Delhi in India where I worked with Prof. Shobha Sundar Ram.
I am always up for discussions on internet-of-things, automation, and technology in general. Feel free to ping me if you have a question or would like to collaborate on a project.
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) with Honors in Electronics and Communication Engineering, IIIT-Delhi, India, 2018.
Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, UCLA, 2020.
Thesis: I Always Feel Like Somebody's Sensing Me! A Framework to Detect, Identify, and Localize Clandestine Wireless Sensors
(done at NESL)
- Internet of Things
- Wireless Communication
- Human-computer Interaction
- Radar Systems
- I Always Feel Like Somebody's Sensing Me! A Framework to Detect, Identify, and Localize Clandestine Wireless Sensors
Akash Deep Singh, Luis A. Garcia, Joseph Noor, and Mani B. Srivastava.
Usenix Security 2021, April 2021. [ Details ]
- UWHear: Through-wall Extraction and Separation of Audio Vibrations Using Wireless Signals
Ziqi Wang, Akash Deep Singh, Luis A. Garcia, and Mani B. Srivastava.
SenSys '20: Proceedings of the 18th Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, November 2020. [ Details ]
- RadHAR: Human Activity Recognition from Point Clouds Generated through a Millimeter-wave Radar
Akash Deep Singh, Sandeep Singh Sandha, Luis A. Garcia, and Mani B. Srivastava.
3rd ACM Workshop on Millimeter-wave Networks and Sensing Systems (co-located with MobiCom), October 2019. [ Details ]
- "Simulation of the radar cross-section of dynamic human motions using virtual reality data and ray tracing." IEEE Radar Conference (RadarConf18), 2018. Link
- "Co-channel interference between WiFi and through-wall micro-Doppler radar." IEEE Radar Conference (RadarConf), 2017. Link
- "A Two-Way Cooperative D2D Communication Framework for a Heterogeneous Cellular Network." Wireless Personal Communications (2019): 1-15 Link