I am a passionate maker and a computer enthusiast who loves tinkering with hobby electronics, mechanical systems, hobby computers and computer boards, robots and nano-satellites, attempting to solve everyday social and humanitarian issues in our community. I tend to combine several fields of research interest, in particular, embedded systems and machine learning, when implementing a crucial product from scratch.
I also love to be in the limelight and on-stage as a bassist, rhythm guitarist or vocalist, with a proclivity towards the heavier, progressive and psychedelic genres of music. I am heavily influenced by the music of Nirvana, Dream Theater, Metallica, Artcell and Black and the persona of Kurt Cobain, Harvey Dent and the Joker.
Hit me up anytime for technical idea brainstorming or jamming.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Dhaka, 2019.
Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California - Los Angeles, 2021.
Thesis: Robust and Efficient Neural Inertial Localization and Complex Activity Recognition
(done at NESL)
Maple Leaf International School (Feb '19 to Aug '19) - Physics Laboratory and Robotics Instructor. Established the first robotics laboratory and robotics course in the school.
Suyog Technologies (Dec '18 to Jun '19) - Intern, Embedded Engineer. Worked on BNO055 motion sensor based rep counter for gymming activities with 90% detection rate; worked on accelerometer based nightmare detection (100% accuracy) and IoT based digital rain gauge.
Fab Lab DU (Jul '18 to Dec '18) - Operator and Research Assistant. To operate and maintain the laser cutter, 3D printer, vinyl cutter and CNC router in the laboratory for fulfilling the needs of internal projects and external orders; to formulate, plan and implement training sessions, seminars, industrial tours and projects pertaining to theme of FAB Lab DU; to supervise ongoing projects.
- Embedded System Design
- Applied Machine Learning
- Mobile Health
- Wearable/Ubiquitous Computing; Human Computer Interaction
- Small Satellite Engineering
- Deep Convolutional Bidirectional LSTM for Complex Activity Recognition with Missing Data
Swapnil Sayan Saha, Sandeep Singh Sandha, and Mani B. Srivastava.
Human Activity Recognition Challenge. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, August 2020. [ Details ]
- S. S. Saha, S. Rahman, Z. R. R. Haque, T. Hossain, S. Inoue and M. A. R. Ahad. "Position Independent Activity Recognition Using Shallow Neural Architecture and Empirical Modeling", In Proceedings of the 2019 ACM International Joint Conference and 2019 International Symposium on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Wearable Computers (UbiComp '19). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 808-813. DOI: 10.1145/3341162.3345572
- S. S. Saha, S. Rahman, M. U. Ahmed and S. K. Aditya, "Ensuring Cybersecure Telemetry and Telecommand in Small Satellites: Recent Trends and Empirical Propositions," in IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 34-49, 1 Aug. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/MAES.2019.2927852
- S. S. Saha, S. Rahman, M. J. Rasna, T. B. Zahid, A. K. M. M. Islam and M. A. R. Ahad, "Feature Extraction, Performance Analysis and System Design Using the DU Mobility Dataset," in IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 44776-44786, 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2865093
- S. S. Saha, S. Rahman, M. J. Rasna, T. Hossain, S. Inoue and M. A. R. Ahad. "Supervised and Neural Classifiers for Locomotion Analysis". In Proceedings of the 2018 ACM International Joint Conference and 2018 International Symposium on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Wearable Computers (UbiComp '18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1563-1570. DOI: 10.1145/3267305.3267524
- S. S. Saha, S. Rahman, M. J. Rasna, A. K. M. M. Islam and M. A. R. Ahad, "DU-MD: An Open-Source Human Action Dataset for Ubiquitous Wearable Sensors," 2018 Joint 7th International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV) and 2018 2nd International Conference on Imaging, Vision & Pattern Recognition (icIVPR), Kitakyushu, Japan, 2018, pp. 567-572. DOI: 10.1109/ICIEV.2018.8641051 (best paper award candidate)
- S. S. Saha, M. S. Siraj and W. B. Habib, "FoodAlytics: A Formalin Detection System Incorporating a Supervised Learning Approach," 2017 IEEE Region 10 Humanitarian Technology Conference (R10-HTC), Dhaka, 2017, pp. 26-29. DOI: 10.1109/R10-HTC.2017.8288898
- S. S. Saha, S. M. M. Islam and A. Mashsharat, "Microcontroller Based Earthquake Detection System for Spontaneous Cut-off of Domestic Utility Lines for Safety Measures," 2016 9th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE), Dhaka, 2016, pp. 139-142. DOI: 10.1109/ICECE.2016.7853875
- 2020 IEEE Lance Stafford Larson Best Paper Award
- Dean's Award, Faculty of Engrg. and Technology, Univ. of Dhaka.
- 2018 Richard E. Merwin Scholarship, IEEE Computer Society.
- Excellent Student Award, First and Second Summer Camp of the APSCO Student Small Satellite Project, Beihang University and Middle East Technical University.
- Champion, Science for Mankind - Research Award 2018, EMK Center.
- Winner, All IEEE Young Engineers' Humanitarian Challenge (AIYEHUM), IEEE Region 10, 2017. (Top 9 were selected for funding out of 409 submissions worldwide)
- Champion, IEEE SS12 Virtual Track 2018, IEEE Sri Lanka Section and IEEE Madras Section.
- Champion, Rise High Bangladesh Season 2, 2017.